Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A Snow Day

Now that we're home schooling we don't take snow days. Truth be told, we tend to do a little more work on snowy days simply because it's cold outside and the weather is bad.

I feel so incredibly blessed that my girls will be done with school by early/mid June instead of late June, possibly July, like publicly schooled children.

What a relief it is to be on our own schedule.
What a priviledge it is to be in charge of the time we get to spend together as a family.
What a blessing it is to be able to call school off for the day on account of it being "too sunny, warm, & bright" to stay inside!

We cancel school for SUN Days!

What unspeakable Joy it brings to my heart to see my children running along the ocean's edge of an empty beach, on a warm day in April, all the while knowing the education they have received over the year, has been the best they could have ever received, anywhere.

I am humbled that God would grant me such a gift.

1 comment:

  1. I feel overwhelmed with gratitude reading what you wrote. We have so much, don't we? The gift of time with our kids.

    ReplyDelete