Monday, February 23, 2009

A Lesson in Humility

So, yesterday I was particularly ugly toward my family. Do you ever have these kinds of days? Where no one can do anything right in your eyes and you are just irritated by everything? A day where you show no self-control and just walk around with a puss on your face? Well, this is how I chose to handle my day yesterday.

I'm not going to sit here and analyze why I acted this way; the 'why' doesn't matter. In fact, I know that there is absolutely NO reason to walk around with a grumpy demeanor. I do wonder, however, why do we often treat others better than we treat our own families?

What else strikes me is how easy it was to apologize to my girls this morning for yesterday's behavior but I have yet to apologize to my dear husband. Of course, for most of the day, I've successfully convinced myself it is because he is working & I'm just waiting till after work but I know the truth... I'm being childish and prideful.

My man is no saint but I'll tell you, he could be mistaken for one on occasion. That man loves me. He is patient with me & each of my faults. For this I am eternally grateful. For this he deserves all my love & respect. For this, he deserves my apology.

Since he works from home, just a wall away, he shouldn't have to wait till 'after-work'. I'll just go knock on his door and give him a big hug, kiss and apology right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment